CSNTM recently finished digitizing the manuscripts at the Library of the Hellenic Parliament. Since the Center’s team is back in the United States, you might wonder what we do when we’re not traveling the world, preserving the Greek New Testament.
Between expeditions we…
- Engage librarians, collectors, and curators to discuss future digitization projects;
- Visit manuscript collections to build relationships with their curators and negotiate contracts for digitization projects;
- Train aspiring scholars and leaders in our rigorous internship program;
- Study New Testament manuscripts, using our images for future publications;
- Improve tools on our website to make it easier for people to find images in manuscripts;
- Present CSNTM’s work and impact at conferences, student groups, and churches;
- Meet with individuals, families, and churches to raise support for CSNTM.
The Circle of Friends—a group of nearly 100 people, companies, and churches who give to CSNTM every month—makes this kind of ongoing work possible. The work that happens between expeditions is critical to CSNTM’s mission; these partners sustain us monthly in a dependable source of much-needed revenues.
In 2018 we need this community to grow so that we can continue our work. Would you show your love for the New Testament by making a monthly donation every month? We need supporters at all three of these levels:
- Fellowship Circle: $25 per month
- Inner Circle: $50 per month
- Director’s Circle: $100 per month
During the month of February, everyone who joins the Circle of Friends by giving at least $25 a month will receive a FREE copy of Can We Trust the Text of the New Testament, a professionally produced DVD of the 2011 debate between Daniel B. Wallace and Bart D. Ehrman at SMU.
* $15 of the first month’s contribution will be non-deductible because of the cost of the DVD as per IRS regulations.